Do you remember my fruit pie ? after 3 weeks of confinement I finally gave life to my ideas.
Given the success that this recipe has known on the Gram and on my personal profile @boholima I wanted to put you a vegan recipe on the website so that you too can test the benefits of this pie.
As my website is based on sustainable fashion, a little vegan recipe will be appreciated I’m sure.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- zest of 1/2 lemon
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces GO VEGGIE cream cheese
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, solids skimmed off
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 3 apples
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a mini tart pan with oil and set aside. You can also use (4) 4″ tart shells.
- To make the crust, beat the vegan butter with a hand mixer or in a stand-up mixer until light and fluffy (3-5 minutes), scraping the sides as needed. Add powdered sugar and beat again for another 2-3 minutes until well blended. Scrap down the sides and add flour and lemon zest. Mix on low until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of dough in each tart mold. Press down evenly on the sides and bottom so that dough is between 1/8-14″ thick. If you are using 4″ tart shells, roll the dough out on a floured surface to the same thickness. Cut circles slightly larger than molds and place inside greased tart pans, pressing lightly all around to snugly fill mold.
- Poke holes in the bottom of the dough and chill dough in the freezer for at least 15 minutes while making the filling.
- To make the filling, scoop out the solids from the coconut milk (top 1/2 of the can) into a medium-sized bowl. Add vegan cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and blend with a hand mixer until completely smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove dough from freezer and bake for 15-20 minutes until dough starts to become golden around the edges. Remove from oven. Let tart shells cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Scoop or pipe cream cheese filling into tart shells, about 2/3 full, and spread evenly.
- Top with fresh berries and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. These are best made the same day.